We love getting to know you, both on a professional and personal level! What makes you tick, the simple that make you smile, and all that you enjoy about your job.
Basically, we love hearing about what makes you, YOU!
Today we spent some time with Jo Byers, and she let us in on her midwifery career and personal life.
1. Current Role:
Clinical Nurse – Midwife
3. How long have you been working in your profession?
Nearly forty years
4. What is the last book you read or favourite book of all time?
Ghost Fire by Wilbur Smith.
5. What is your most memorable moment in your entire career?
6. What is your current favourite or last song you listened to?
“Hold by the River” by James Bay
7. Based on your experience and observation, name one thing that you think your profession is missing and one thing that it does astoundingly well?
Midwife means being with woman and we do that really well.
8. What is your favourite quote?
Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone, or forgotten. So take it as a lesson learned and move on.
9. On your days off, what do you like to do?
10. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Study hard and travel when young.
11. Knowing what you know now, would you still choose your current profession as a career?
12. What advice would you give those looking to follow a similar career route?
Do what your heart tells you.
13. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
14. What do you enjoy the most about agency work?
Not getting involved in the politics.
15. What advice would you give to someone looking to work with an agency?
Thank you, Jo, for sharing your work and life with us!
If you would also like for us to profile you and feature in our upcoming newsletters, please use the link to fill in your details.