ADF - 10
Mental Health Nurses (Generic), Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Registered Nurse Defence Force
Greenstaff Medical Australia is a specialist healthcare staffing agency who provides high quality talent across Australia. As a renowned recruiter in the industry, we offer a range of short and long-term contracts. By working with us, you will gain access to great rewards including refer-a-friend bonuses, and other great incentives. You will also have your own dedicated consultant and compliance team to take care of you along the way.
ADF Health Services provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this newly awarded contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. Our staff take pride in delivering quality health services to achieve outstanding care and our new ADF Health Services employees are no exception.
You are a dedicated nurse who is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare and is particularly passionate about mental health. With an ability to put patients at ease, your warmth and care is one of your greatest attributes and you understand the importance of this in making a difference to those in need of mental health services. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing health services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
About the Role
You will be an integral member of an experienced multi-disciplinary health care team providing a range of high-quality evidence-based mental health services to patients. You will undertake intake assessments, risk assessments, crisis intervention, case formulation, medication management and group psycho-education, as well as additional support services as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
• Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• Extensive full-time (or part-time equivalent) Post Graduate experience in mental health in a primary health or specialist mental health setting undertaking comprehensive mental health assessment and delivering a range of evidence based 'Focussed Psychological Strategies' as defined under the Medicare Schedule.
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID009) certification.
• Knowledge of relevant State/Territory policies and procedures and national standards governing mental health practice (desirable).
• Knowledge of the ADF Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2018-2023 (desirable).
• Credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN); OR minimum qualification of Graduate Diploma Mental Health Nursing (with at least 75% of program on Mental health theory or practice).
• Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA with a minimum of 10 hours directly related to mental health; OR recent participation in CPD activities in accordance with ACMHN.